If you are an adult you don’t really want the tooth fairy to visit you. If you keep your mouth healthy today and you will be thanking yourself tomorrow. Poor oral health has been linked to chronic diseases including diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Prevent teeth and mouth problems before they start. Below you will find information as well as tips and tricks on how to have a happy and healthy mouth.
- Taking care of your oral health means brushing twice a day, flossing, and seeing a dentist regularly.
- Good oral health can prevent bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease.
- Chewing tobacco and cigarettes can cause serious mouth problems.
- 500+ species of bacteria live in your mouth.
- Those who have diabetes have an increased risk for gum disease.
- Bacteria in the mouth can cause inflammation throughout the body.
- Good oral health plays an important role in overall health.
- Green tea has antiseptic properties that help keep gums healthier.
- Without saliva you wouldn’t be able to taste anything.
- Flossing is the most effective way to reduce plaque.
- Good oral hygiene is essential during pregnancy.
- You have taste buds on the insides of your cheeks, lips, under the tongue and roof of the mouth.
- Tooth enamel is the hardest part of your entire body
- You will spend 38.5 days brushing your teeth during your lifetime
- Most common childhood disease is tooth decay.
The more you know about oral health the better you can take care of yourself. Also if you have any health concerns regarding oral health it is best to get seen by a professional. January is a great time to start new beneficial habits, so let us know in the comments below how you plant to increase your oral health.
Feature photo by Rudy Eng