Winter holiday’s are one of my favorite times of the year. My family and I go and buy a tree to decorate, hang lights, bake, head to the mountains, and shop till we drop!
The last thing on my mind is safety when I am having so much fun! Holidays are fun, but it is important to remember that there are also added hazards that you don’t have the rest of the year. Some general reminders that I would like to share with you all to help you have a safe and fun holiday are:
- If you purchase an artificial tree, make sure that it is fire resistant
- Place fire-prone decorations like paper snowflakes, wrapping paper, and your tree away from electrical outlets and the fireplace
- Be sure to keep small decorations and toys away from children as they can be a choking hazard
- If your cooking or going out for the holiday, don’t eat food that has been sitting out for more than 4 hours
- Try to stay as stress free as possible (hard to do I know)
Keep these quick safety tips in mind so you and your loved ones can have a happy holiday! Any safety tips to add to my list?
Feature photo by Shandi-lee Cox