Are you at risk for type-2 diabetes? Take an easy test from the American Diabetes Association HERE. After you finish the test, you will get information about what steps you can take next.
With obesity rates climbing, the number of Americans with prediabetes and type-2 diabetes is climbing too.
Being over-weight increases your chance of having type-2 diabetes. The good news, prediabetes is reversible when you choose to take action and make healthy choices. For a healthier lifestyle try to:
- Eat a healthy diet low in saturated fats and sugar
- Get active- even a little exercise can make a big impact
- Maintain a healthy weight- see the pounds drop as well as your blood pressure and sugar
- Kick the tobacco habit- quitting helps lower your risk for diabetes and heart disease
- Check in with your doctor to get the right medications to help you take control of your diabetes
Knowing your risks can help you make healthy choices. What are some ways you are living healthy? Leave a comment and let us know!
Feature photo by Robert Fornal