After long winter months the one thing that can help keep you motivated is the thought of spring break or an upcoming vacation. If you are going somewhere fun, we have some tips to help you safely enjoy your trip.
- Stick to the buddy system. Whenever you leave to go out take at least one other person with you. Have a designated meeting spot just in case you lose each other. Make sure to leave with the same amount of people who you arrived with.
- Take a copy of your passport. If you are leaving the country it is good to have a copy just in case your passport gets lost or stolen. If you’re staying in a hotel, try to avoid getting a room on the ground floor and lock all your valuables in the safe.
- Wear Sunscreen. Choose one that has an SPF of 30 or higher and that is water resistant. Make sure that it is also broad-spectrum coverage so it is protecting you from both UVA and UVB rays. Be generous when applying it to your body.
- Carry with you a list of emergency numbers and cash. Just in case you are stranded somewhere, have the phone number of your hotel and some local cab companies.
Most of all make sure you have a fun spring break! Enjoy your time off and relax. You deserve it!
Feature photo by Luke Ma
Do you go through your busy day wishing you could do something to take your mind off of things? Crafting is a great way to relax, and to give your mind a break. You can easily carry and store your supplies with you in a bag or even an office desk. This makes it easily accessible and available to pull out at any time. Here some ideas for easy crafts.
- Coloring – This is not only an activity for children, adults can enjoy it just as much. Coloring can help ease your mind and spark some creativity. This is simple and you can stop at any time. Pick to color a picture of something you love, like nature or music notes. There is something out there for you.
- Crochet/Knitting – Pick anything you would like to make, maybe start out with something simple like a scarf. There are courses you can enroll in or even learn by watching a tutorial video. Ask your friends and co-workers around you to see if you can form a group.
- Paper project – You can make an unlimited amount of items with paper and scissors. Create a paper plane, or a flower. Let your creativity take the lead.
These are all crafts that you can do during the middle of your day during a break or even to help you relax after work. Check out our Quick crafts Pinterest board to find more easy crafts that you can try.
Feature photo by Martin Cooper