Holidays can be as exciting and fun as they are stressful. If you are anything like me, you wait until the last minute to get all of your holiday arrangements together. This year I am attempting a new tradition: planning ahead!
Some tips I will be following this season that I hope can help you too are:
- Make a to-do list with what you have for holidays and what you still need (ex: wrapping paper, gifts, food, tags, etc.)
- Set a budget for your gift list and how much you plan to spend on each of your loved ones. This will help keep you from overspending and make sure everyone is taken care of.
- Wrap as you go, but leave the tags and bows for last so you can easily store them. If you don’t like wrapping, try using gift bags.
- Have some back up gifts on hand in case you accidentally leave someone out. Gift cards, cookies, or holiday mugs are always good options that everyone enjoys.
- Having a holiday party? Try cleaning the day before and leave the last minute things for the next day. Get your dishware ready to go, clean the restrooms, but leave the sweeping and kitchen for last!
- Take time for yourself. Holiday’s are stressful so you need to make time for you. Go for a massage, walk, or read a book. Do something that is just for you.
These are just a few ideas to help get you through the holidays this year! Have any tricks or tips that I didn’t think of? Let me know!
Feature photo by Shutter Fotos